I love a good barbecue and I love a tried-and-tested, traditional burger or hot dog, but sometimes I’m after something a bit different. Today I’m sharing the first in a series of barbecue recipes for when you’re up for a bit of a change or when you’re out to wow your guests that I think will do the trick.
I’ve been putting hoi sin sauce on sausages for years since back when I was in school and my friend’s mum served us scrumptious sausages that just tasted so good and I had to ask what her secret ingredient was. Turned out it was hoi sin sauce!
The hoi sin acts as a gorgeous sweet sticky glaze that barbecues beautifully. Give these a try at your next barbecue and you’re guaranteed to impress your guests!
- 8 pork sausages (not too herby)
- 3 tbsp hoi sin sauce plus extra to serve
- 4 brioche hot dog rolls
- Half a cucumber chopped into short thin strips
- 2-3 Spring onions sliced diagonally
- Sesame seeds lightly toasted
- Lay the sausages in an airtight container and pour over the hoi sin sauce. Turn the sausages in the sauce so that they’re nicely covered. Leave for about an hour.
- Heat up that barbecue!
- Cook the sausages on the barbecue until they’re done – timings will vary depending on your barbecue so just keep checking.
- To serve, pop 2 sausages into each brioche bun, top with a drop more sauce and sprinkle with the cucumber, spring onions and sesame seeds.
2 thoughts on “BBQ series: Hoi sin hot dogs”
These look absolutely amazing! I am so impressed!
Thank you so much! I can’t wait for barbecue weather to return to London!!
LikeLiked by 1 person