This chai recipe is my take on an Indian recipe that my sister introduced me to. I love to make this because it’s so simple and warming and I am a big fan of cardamom. I think the spice from the black pepper really complements the floral flavour of those little green pods of delight!
This is a great comforting drink to have when you’re winding down after a stressful day or just want to indulge in a little relaxing treat before bed (just remember to use a decaf tea bag of course).
- 1-2 black tea bags
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp black pepper corns
- 2 tsp sugar
- 200ml milk
- 200ml water
- Slightly crush the cardamom pods and black pepper corns to release their flavour.
- Pour the milk and water into a saucepan and add the black tea bag, cardamom, black pepper, and sugar.
- Heat gently and stir until it’s hot but not boiling.
- Strain to remove the pods and bigger bits of black pepper and serve in mugs.
One thought on “Cardamom and black pepper tea”