It’s January detox bandwagon time! Only with this recipe you can enjoy a flavour-filled bowl of love rather than limp, tasteless and frankly depressing dishes of despair! This salad is one of my favourites – it packs in some seriously nutritious ingredients like kale, broccoli, cranberries and seeds – and it is just so green!
I use just small amounts of cheese and bacon in this salad to bring their yummy flavours without cancelling out the super-ness of the greens, because of course you need to have some fats in your diet!
Isn’t it just one of the prettiest salads?! The colours are so vibrant and the cranberries look like little jewels. I just love the crunch of the vegetables too. How often can you stuff your face with yummy food and feel completely virtuous while doing it?
- 2-3 cups curly kale
- 1/2-1 cup green beans
- 1 cup tender stem broccoli
- 1/3 cup hard goats cheese or cheddar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2-3 rashers cooked bacon
- 2 tsp seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic puree
- Steam the kale, broccoli and green beans according to their instructions (you might need to stagger when you put them into the steamer).
- Take them out and leave in a sieve or colander over a bowl for a while to drain and cool.
- Stir the greens together with the chunks of cheese, bacon bits and dried cranberries.
- Mix together the olive oil, garlic puree and vinegar in a cup before pouring over the salad.
- Sprinkle over some mixed seeds.