I remember the first time I came across the idea of sprinkling slices of fresh oranges with cinnamon and sugar. The simplicity of such a beautiful and refreshing dessert just blew my mind.
I put my own little twist on this dish by adding a drop of orange blossom water and a sprinkling of roughly chopped pistachios.
- 2 oranges
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- 3 tsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Small handful chopped pistachios
- Peel and slice the oranges, saving as much juice as you can in a bowl from the chopping board and ends of the orange.
- Lay the orange slices on to a plate.
- Stir the orange blossom water in to the reserved juice and sprinkle a couple of spoonfuls over the slices.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in another small bowl and sprinkle over the orange slices to your taste.
- Top with the chopped pistachios and serve.