Today I’m sharing a super easy mushroom bruschetta recipe with you that’s perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner, weekend brunch or for serving as a party nibble – plus it’s also vegan. It’s so quick to throw together and tastes absolutely delicious!
I love how this recipe manages to be light and healthy whilst at the same time being really comforting – perfect for these crisp autumn days.
- 2 slices chunky bread for toasting
- 150g mushrooms, chopped
- Handful fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp vegan chilli jam
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus extra for frying the mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp garlic purée
- Fry the mushrooms in olive oil until reduced to about half their size. Then add the chilli jam and stir until it loosens up and the mushrooms are coated. Stir in the fresh spinach until just wilting, then take off the heat.
- Meanwhile, stir the garlic purée into the 1 tbsp olive oil and brush onto one side of each piece of bread. Place oiled side down onto a hot griddle pan for 2 minutes. Don’t move them otherwise you won’t get those charred grill lines.
- Serve the toasts topped with the mushroom mixture.
13 thoughts on “Spinach and mushroom bruschetta”
This looks DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! I could eat this up right about NOW! Thank You for sharing & also for being a part of the BLOG SQUAD! xoxo
Georgie – As You Wish UK x
Thanks! I’m not kidding when I say this is sooooo easy. And when I say “vegan chilli jam” – that’s pretty much all chilli jams you don’t need a special shop or anything. Blog Squad is great! Love being part of it 🙂
Oh my gosh – this looks amazing!
Thanks! It’s the griddled garlic bread that makes it I think.
Oh wow, I will defo be making this. It looks so yum. Thanks for sharing!! X
Thanks! Let me know what you think if you do try it 🙂
I’m so glad you’ve shared this with us. Normal bruschetta I find quite boring, but now I can fall back in love with it again. This looks so incredible, I have to try it!
Thanks! Let me know how you get on 🙂
Looks amazing definitely have to try out this recipe 😍 Xx
What a most appetizing and lovely bruschetta you have going. You also just gained a new and happy follower. Hope you will find time to hop over and see what we have going on our end of the cyber world in the kitchen.
Thank you so much! I’m going to take a look at your blog right now.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, hope you will visit more and then also participate in our new monthly exchange kicking off on Dec 1. Have a look at the following link https://cookandenjoyrecipes.wordpress.com/2016/11/19/welcome-to-the-new-monthly-sharing-is-caring-recipe-exchange/. See you soon again.