Today I’m sharing a super easy mushroom bruschetta recipe with you that’s perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner, weekend brunch or for serving as a party nibble – plus it’s also vegan. It’s so quick to throw together and tastes absolutely delicious!
I love how this recipe manages to be light and healthy whilst at the same time being really comforting – perfect for these crisp autumn days.
- 2 slices chunky bread for toasting
- 150g mushrooms, chopped
- Handful fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp vegan chilli jam
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus extra for frying the mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp garlic purée
- Fry the mushrooms in olive oil until reduced to about half their size. Then add the chilli jam and stir until it loosens up and the mushrooms are coated. Stir in the fresh spinach until just wilting, then take off the heat.
- Meanwhile, stir the garlic purée into the 1 tbsp olive oil and brush onto one side of each piece of bread. Place oiled side down onto a hot griddle pan for 2 minutes. Don’t move them otherwise you won’t get those charred grill lines.
- Serve the toasts topped with the mushroom mixture.